Tonight I finally got the chance to see the new Bond movie "A Quantum of Solace". So I paid 9 Euros to get to see a quality movie once in a while. Wait, quality movie? Yeah, I heard about all the critics concerning this movie, but I didn't believe them... until now.
So I went to the cinema, had to watch 30 minutes of crappy ads to finally get to see an even crappier movie. Here's why:
- Actual story? None. Throughout the movie, Bond travels from place to place, whereas the audience doesn't even know why. Only thing that happens at the very location: persons die.
- This movie is missing the quintessence of a Bond movie: No Q, no real Bond girl, no Bond car
- The theme song doesn't fit to the Bond scheme (what the hell guys?)
- Too much action (yes there really was too much)
- The ending of the movie isn't a real ending (you're like "what now?")
All in all I'd say it's a blockbuster movie and nothing more, nothing less. You'd watch it once and never again. I, for one, am not going to spend money on the Blu-ray Disk or the DVD. If you feel like watching it, you should definitely do so, but don't expect too much.
Just my 2 cents.
It's already been about 4 months since I graduated from high school, and now it's time for me to move on, and begin serving the military...
Alright, let me explain this first: In Germany, when men turn 18, they have to make a choice, serve the military, or do community service. Before that, you're going to a special facility where doctors will examine your physical abilities, etc. to see if you're able to serve the military. If they find you unable to serve, then you don't have to do anything at all, and can just enter a university. If they find you able to serve, you will have to make a choice.
My choice was: serve the military. Of course, community service is less stressful and all, but really, I want to see how much I can take, so I want to challenge myself by going to the military. I'm only there for 9 months, anyway. The first 3 months are going to involve basic training such as shooting with a rifle, scouting, camouflage, etc. Note that I'm not the first person to ever do that, so I'm going to be fine.
Be aware that I'm only at home on weekends, and therefore won't be able to update this site regularly.
See ya! (for now)