Tag Archives: C’mon
C’mon Special Campaign
B’z new album “C’mon” is in stores today, and 111,549 units have already been sold on the previous day. Unsurprisingly, B’z has done it again: They’ve earned the pole position on the Oricon Daily Album Chart. To celebrate the release of the new album, B’z has launched a special campaign:
Every copy of C’mon – be it the regular or the limited edition – comes with a small card that has an ID on the back. If you go to http://www.bz-vermillion.com/928live/, you can enter your ID by clicking on the button at the bottom.
Once you’ve entered your ID, you are automatically participating in a giveaway where you can win one of the few tickets they’re giving out for the PEPSI NEX special performance in Shibuya AX on September 28th. Until now, you were only able to get a ticket by buying Pepsi Nex and collecting points until you’ve got enough points to redeem them and earn your ticket. The deadline to redeem your code is September 6th, 2011 11:59PM.
That is not all, however. Once you redeem your code, you’ll also get special download contents. As I’ve found out, it’s actually just a wallpaper available for Android/iPhone/PC/etc which you can download in whatever format you prefer. I haven’t received my copy yet, so I don’t know what kind of wallpaper it is, but I’m sure it must be something good 😉
Oricon Daily Album Charts: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2011-07-26/
C’mon Release Message
A “C’mon” from us to everyone.
Once again, it[the album] is filled with a lot of songs I personally love to sing.
I hope it will reach each and every one of you.
And I’m looking forward to the day we can sing them together!!
You really must listen to “C’mon”!!
Interview On J-WAVE – Summary
I got up at 5AM, just to listen to the interview with B’z on J-Wave… how crazy is that, huh? Anyway, as promised, I’m going to give you an overview of what they talked about in the interview as well as what Tak and Koshi revealed about it. Here we go!
– They already started recording for the new album in May 2010, but that doesn’t mean it took them 1 year to record the album. They paused their recording, so they could focus on their solo projects.
– After their solo projects, they decided to take a break and then meet again to start collecting ideas for the album
– They didn’t decide on a theme at all, unlike they usually do
– After a while, they came to see what theme it’s going to be and started work with their staff
– When the big earthquake happened on March 11th 2011, they were already in the final stages of recording.
– The earthquake affected Koshi’s creative skills, so he wasn’t able to come up with any new ideas as the disaster concerned them.
– As for Tak Matsumoto, he was able to do the rhythm track for the last two tracks after the earthquake.
– They created two whole new tracks after the earthquake. New lyrics were written for only one of those two after the earthquake. One of them is on the album.
– The production process can be broken up into “pre-earthquake” and “post-earthquake” as it affected their work.
– It was hard for them to put the songs from these two stages together into one album
– After the earthquake, Shane and Barry quickly came back to Japan to resume recording (of the two songs)
– C’mon is the only track where Koshi changed the lyrics after the earthquake happened. The song would give off a different character that way.
– When Koshi thought about a fitting theme for the new album. The word “C’mon” came to his mind. As putting the songs on that album wouldn’t work, they also created a title song with the same name.
Tak’s and Koshi’s solo projects
– Nothing new to report here. They talked about how Tak won the Grammy and how they coordinated their solo activities.
Production of songs
– Tak didn’t have a stock of arranged songs, he created the album from scratch.
– Since Tak didn’t have any idea what the theme/concept for the overall album is going to be, he did the songs one at a time, independently
– Koshi started getting ideas for the lyrics during arrangement
– Koshi tries to get the image of the song first, and then writes the lyrics for it; It also happens that he draws from previous ideas he came up with, but remained unused until now
– Sometimes they talk about the album while having lunch; but otherwise rarely talk about the album outside of the studio
– As the riff is very important, Tak starts out with the riff and then does the melody.
– Koshi also saves ideas for lyrics on his mobile phone (sends himself E-mails)
– Tak talks to Koshi about what image he had in mind when composing the song. Koshi then goes on to write the lyrics for it
About the song “Pilgrim”
– “Pilgrim” is the first song that was produced for the album in 2010
– Tak says the song was originally one of his acoustic guitar demos
– Koshi says he was thinking about the 4 seasons as they come and pass and got his first idea for the song when he saw the cherry blossoms
About LIVE-GYM 2011 -C’mon-
– They’re having frequent meetings concerning the planning for LIVE-GYM 2011 -C’mon-
– Tak reveals that the performance in Tokyo Dome will have its surprises
– A writer called their first live performance a “LIVE-GYM”, and they went with it. “GYM” has a physical meaning, of course. Since Koshi is always running around… 😛
– Tak is heading to the gym to get ready for the tour
About LIVE-GYM 2011 -long time no see-
– This tour is different from the Japanese tour
– Tak says they’ll play known songs 🙁 (so like LOVE PHANTOM, BAD COMMUNICATION, etc.)
– Koshi is looking forward to the tour as also the audience is different from the one in Japan
– The livestream of the performance in LA is Pepsi’s doing. Koshi says “Sasuga Pepsi” XD
– Tak says there will be a lot of people to watch B’z for the first time
Songs that were played on the show (in order)
2) Don’t Wanna Lie
3) Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo
5) ultra soul 2011
B’z Media Rampage
There’s a lot of good news today, folks! For everyone who’s following me on Twitter, I bet you already know all this 😛
So… first of all, a C’mon themed site has opened and on it, various awesome things are revealed:
1) The Los Angeles performance will be streamed live on UStream! The channel is right here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pnx-tv
As you guys know, the show’s on at:
July 24th, 7 PM – L.A.
July 24th, 10 PM – NYC
July 24th, 11 PM – Buenos Aires
July 25th, 3 AM – London
July 25th, 4 AM – Paris
July 25th, 6 AM – Moscow
July 25th, 11 AM – Tokyo
2) B’z now has their own Official YouTube Channel! You can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bz There, you can check out the music video for C’mon and also the new Pepsi commercials as well as the making-of!
3) Also, there’s now an official B’z Facebook page as well as Twitter account(but I doubt B’z themselves will be tweeting)! Like B’z Official Page here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bz-LIVE-GYM/140529986025592 And follow B’z LIVE-GYM on twitter here: https://twitter.com/#!/Bz_LIVEGYM
4) Check out the new B’z LIVE-GYM 2011 page! Tour logos have been revealed, and I have to say, they’re brilliant! You can also check out the tour goods for the North American tour on the page! Right here: http://www.bz-livegym.com/
Before I forget it, you can get to the C’mon themed website here: http://www.bz-vermillion.com/cmon/
Rock on, people!!
B’z News Summary For the Past Days
There have been quite a lot of good news the past days.
UStream Account indicates LA Performance will be streamed
An Account called PEPSINEX_LIVE has been spotted on UStream and it looks like they’re testing the equipment for streaming the show right now. On the channel page it says ” PEPSINEX_LIVE started broadcasting: B’z LIVE in L.A.(300Mbps) 1 days ago”. And since the account is called Pepsi NEX… they might also stream the PEPSI NEX special performance on September 28th. Who knows? We expect official news in the next days. Stay tuned!
Source: http://www.ustream.tv/user/PEPSINEX_LIVE (Account was deleted I think, so I took screenshots)
B’z participating in Linkin Park secret concert in LA on August 31st
Linkin Park is inviting B’z to perform with them at their special secret concert. All you have to do is create a page at http://www.give2gether.com/projects/music-for-relief/, raise $500 for Japan with your page and get 2 tickets to the secret concert on August 31st!
C’mon full version is on air
The full version of C’mon is now broadcasted by radio stations across Japan. C’mon proves to be a good song, but it’s far from hard-rock as you’d imagine. It’s a song for a commercial after all. It does convince me with its bright melody and brilliant guitar solo (Tak :D). Look forward to listening to it!!
B’z performing at TV Asahi’s Dream Festival
It was announced that B’z would be performing at the TV Asahi Dream Festival in Nippon Budokan on September 25th. A ticket costs 9,000 Yen and B’z will be performing at 3 PM. I couldn’t find any information on whether it’s on television or not, but I suppose it will be. 🙂
B’z guest in a radio show on J-WAVE
On July 18th, J-WAVE is hosting a special radio program called “J-WAVE HOLIDAY SPECIAL PEPSI NEX presents GO NEXT! GO SUMMER!”. B’z will be there as a guest on the show. It will be broadcasted from 9AM to 5:55PM. I’ll try to get you guys the B’z bit of the show 🙂
B’z New Album C’mon 7/27 Out & LIVE-GYM 2011 Members
Word was out early this time, as we already knew that B’z new album was called “C’mon” and would be out in July, so we were just waiting for B’z Official Website to get updated today! I proudly present B’z new album 「C’mon」！ It’ll be out July 27th, and feature 13 tracks with Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo, Homebound, Don’t Wanna Lie and ultra soul 2011 among them. I’m hugely disappointed by the limited edition: The CD+DVD version will come with the music videos of Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo, Don’t Wanna Lie and the new track C’mon.
In other words, all the people who bought the CD+DVD version of B’z past two singles, will have nothing but the music video of C’mon as an extra. Who came up with such a crappy idea?
Limited as well as regular editions will include a card with which you can enter a lottery to win tickets for a special B’z live in September. (see below)
B’z new song C’mon, which is also the title of the new album, will be the new PEPSI NEX commercial song starting from July. B’z will likely also be featured in the commercial. In addition to that, PEPSI NEX’ summer campaign gives you the chance to win 2 tickets for a special B’z performance called “PEPSI NEX presents B’z 1DAY LIVE” at Shibuya AX on September 28th.
On to other news: the support members for the North American, as well as the Japanese tour have been announced! Also, the Japanese tour is called B’z LIVE-GYM 2011 -C’mon-.
Keyboards: Takanobu Masuda
Drums: Shane Gaalaas
Bass: Barry Sparks
Support Guitar: Yoshinobu Ohga
B’z – 「C’mon」
02. Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo
03. Hito Shizuku no Anata
05. Don’t Wanna Lie
08. Too Young
10. The Meister
11. Dead End
12. Mei Mei
13. ultra soul 2011
Price(limited edition w/ DVD): 3780 Yen
Price(regular edition): 3059 Yen
Release date: 2011.07.27
Pre-order your copy now! (Thanks to Lebon14!)
Normal Edition: [YesAsia (Global)] [YesAsia (US)] [CDJapan.co.jp] [Amazon.co.jp] [HMV.co.jp]
Limited Edition: [YesAsia (Global)] [YesAsia (US)] [CDJapan.co.jp] [Amazon.co.jp] [HMV.co.jp]